On 7 December, AAPI (the French Association of Industrial Property Lawyers) and ASPI (the French Association of Industrial Property Specialists) co-organised a round table discussion on "UPC: early insights", bringing to the table French judges, lawyers, industry representatives and IP attorneys actively involved in the first cases.
Among the panelists, Emmanuel Larere and Anne Seibel shed light on the main lessons to be drawn from the very first patent revocation action before the Paris Central Division of the Unified Patent Court (UPC).
- Camille Lignières, Judge, Paris local division
- Carine Gillet, Judge, Paris local division
- Eric Augarde, Technical judge, member of the panel of judges in the AIM Sport Vision / Supponor case (Helsinki local division)
- Mathilde Rauline, Sanofi, Head of Greater Europe Patent Litigation
- Emmanuel Larere, Lawyer, member of the team representing Meril Italy in a case pending at the headquarters of the Central Division in Paris
- Amandine Métier, Lawyer, member of the team representing Fujifilm companies in cases before the local divisions in Düsseldorf and Mannheim,
- Anne Seibel, French and European Patent Attorney, member of the team representing Meril Italy in a case pending at the head office of the central division in Paris
- Géraldine Guéry-Jacques, President of ASPI, Director of the Industrial Property Centre of Excellence (Groupe SEB)